Wednesday, 11 January 2012
Seven things you may not have known
These are some of the things I am made of. Thanks for the award.
1. I was given my first pair of heels at nine years of age. It was when my father used to play Janis Joplin every night.
2. My father used to race speedboats and I still love to sit through a boat race, any kind of boat race, and I love the smell of engine parts.
3. My brother and I used to race catamarans and on a broad reach we would nosedive one hull and catapult ourselves into the water.
4. We had a car accident when I was fourteen and my cousin died and I decided that I wouldn’t wait for anything, ever, in my life.
5. In 1988 I used to walk up the main street of Mogadishu to my Somali language lessons, then walk home from the French Cultural Centre after a film around 11pm. No guns, no fear, no war zone.
6. I first drank coffee – bunna – in Ethiopia and fell in love. I’d never had a cappuccino in my life.
7. I can’t live without my piano. And my cherry trees.
I'd like to pass the award onto these five bloggers whose words I cherish (many of my favs have already received the green box!)
Whispering Gums http://whisperinggums.wordpress.com
Sorry I can't count either!
++ ++ ++
PS : I HAVE AN INTERVIEW UP ON http://womensfictionwriters.wordpress.com WHICH IS VERY VERY COOL!