Tuesday 1 June 2010

heading out

June 1st 2010

I've been told I must publicise my unpublished novel online to make my effort more viable! As if pounding away at the computer is not enough.
And I've had years of it. The writing was in pencil in first, in carefully chosen exercise books preferably of the old schoolbook type, preferably printed in Africa, preferably with queer jagged patterns on the front and line that did not match up.
But now. Now it's the keyboard with a wristguard, an office chair, a view of the wind jostling the nut and willow trees by the fence, a field with green unformed things, pesticide-induced, looking out for the sun. Hours of it.

So I have a book to publish. The Divorced Lady's Companion to Living in Italy. Which is not about me. I'm not even divorced yet! And - unlike most ladies out there - my real story is far worse than what this book is about. This is calm comedy with no recipes and only a couple of shopping scenes. Some good outlooks and jolly sex. Italy is here for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment